Monday, March 28

Rekindled Passion

Have you ever felt that at one moment you were very passionate about something and finds yourself losing that passion after a certain period of time?

For me, I have been in that situation quite a number of times.

When I was a kid, I was eager to learn and be able to play guitar because I thought it was cool (cool as in getting the attention of some chicks in the school). I remember I was very passionate about it. I started playing guitar at the age of 10. Most of my guitar-playing days were self-taught. I had never been to any formal musical lessons. I used to practise guitar for 2 hours a day. But as time goes by, I felt that my passion was fading each day. I no longer practise like I used to. That is when I thought to myself that I shouldn’t have wasted this God-given talent. So I try to keep up and upgrading myself with new skills and techniques.

Too often in our Christian lives we had the same situation too. We were once very passionate over serving the Lord, sharing the gospel, searching for lost souls and etc. But we found ourselves losing that passion after a certain period of time for different reasons.

Let us learn from the live of Moses in the Old Testament. Moses had a passion for his own people (the Jews) though he was raised up according to Egyptians traditions. He ran away from Egypt after killing an Egyptian man. For 40 years he lived as a shepherd instead of being a leader in Egypt. During that long period of time, he had forgotten about the passion he once had for his own people in Egypt. The Lord appeared to him and reminded him of his passion for the Hebrews in Egypt. Because of his rekindled passion, the Lord used him to free the Jews from the Pharoah’s oppression and hard labours.

We may have some of our passion lost. But let us guard our hearts and keep the fire burning for the Lord. You may have your worldy passions lost, but losing passion for the Lord is a no-no.


“The fire must be kept burning on the altar continuously; it must not go out.” – Leviticus 6:13


No comments:

Post a Comment